Balgowan Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Balgowan (5573) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 121 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Balgowan is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Balgowan was 312 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Balgowan is 39 years of age.

96.8% of people living in the suburb of Balgowan were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.0% England.

99.0% of people living in Balgowan speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Balgowan is 28.9% Uniting Church, 19.9% No religion, 15.8% Lutheran, 13.8% Catholic, 9.0% Anglican, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.9% Pentecostal, 1.3% Eastern Orthodox, 1.0% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Baptist.

64.7% of people are married, 20.3% have never married and 10.8% are divorced and 3.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Balgowan.

59.0% of the people living in Balgowan over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.9% are working on a part time basis. Balgowan has an unemployment rate of 3.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Balgowan are 52.5% Managers, 10.6% Labourers, 10.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.1% Community & personal service workers, 7.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.2% Professionals, 3.1% Sales workers, 1.9% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Balgowan work in are 61.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.7% Health care and social assistance, 5.1% Education and training, 3.8% Wholesale trade, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 3.2% Public administration and safety, 2.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.5% Accommodation and food services, 2.5% Manufacturing.

66.7% of homes are fully owned, and 20.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $576 per week and the median household income is $1015 per week.

The median rent in Balgowan is $70 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Balgowan postcode 5573

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Freeling 5372 -> Mid North -> South Australia